Friday, July 1, 2011

New Destination, New Blog

Now that my time at Dartmouth is coming to a close (well it already came to a close, but I'm still in Hanover... funny how that works), I look towards my next adventure. In my time since gradu-macation in mid-June I took a semi-spontaneous road trip to Colorado (you can read the on-road tweets on Twitter), rafted the North Platte River at record high levels, and came back to Hanover to relax with friends for a bit before jetting off halfway around the world.

I've been spending most of my time in Hanover dealing with everything from camera gear to typhoid medication to insurance companies to plane tickets. Mostly serious stuff. But nothing has compared to the serious nature of today's queries. I am trying to figure out my coffee situation in Nepal. While I will either be staying in a guest house with minimal facilities (hey I'm trying to go cheap), I'll still need to find a way to get good coffee. Right now the leading contenders are a french press in a big plastic mug and a manual grinder.



Like I said, serious matter. A Big Ski Bistro french press and travel/camping mug and a collapsible Hario Mini coffee mill. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. caution: big sky mugs, while awesome, do not fit in car cupholders. will result in coffee in lap syndrome. you've been warned

    ReplyDelete